We will send all our participants an
More instructions to come
There is a possibility for this event to become virtual. However, we are doing are best to have it real. We are working as we speak we Louisiana State Parks. We will have the whole information and details by August 15th
Welcome to the Q50 Races Bleau Moon 10 and 5 Miles!
Open Registrations April 1st
DATE: AUGUST 21, 2020 at 8:15PM
Distance: 5 and 10 miles
Categories: ONLY Individual
Where: Fountainebleau State Park, Mandeville, La
1. HEADLIGHT! (batteries)
3. Water Bottle or Camelback
Welcome to Q50 Races Bleu Moon 2021! We are using a new race format for this race, approved by Louisiana State Parks, that will allow for social distancing and local pandemic guidelines, and we’re eager to implement it.
Please read the race instructions below and see the attachment.
The Race Site will be at the Fontainebleau State Park (Mandeville, LA), Pavilion at the end by the water and nearest the large parking lot.
The deadline to switch your mileage up or down is Wednesday, August 19th at Midnight. There will be NO mileage switching on Race Day.
The race will start at 8:15pm and
registrationbegins at 6:30pm.
We will NOT have social gatherings at the Race Site, which encompasses the Pavilion. If you are bringing family/friends to
supportyou, please inform them they will not be able to wait for you under the Pavilion. However, the Pavilion stretches out further toward the water, and they may wait there. .
Checking in, every participant must be 6 ft away from each other and stand on the DESIGNATED RED TAPED AREAS. Signs will be posted (See Attachment) and social distance markers (Red Tape) will be placed on the ground.
Enter Pavilion ONLY to receive your Bib#/pins, Race Swag, Finisher Medal, Race Food/Drink, and to purchase Q50 Merchandise. These items will be placed on a table for easy pick up.
At the start of the race, we ask that you line up according to your “minutes per mile”. 7-8 minute per mile will line up in the front, 9-10 minutes per mile, and so on down the line. We will NOT micromanage this. This is a courtesy you will be providing to each other.
As our races already have a no paper or plastic policy, every participant must supply their own hydration container, and the provided water/Gatorade will ONLY be dispensed by our volunteers.
Hand Sanitizer will be available.
We will follow ALL Park rules and regulations and encourage you to follow common sense hygiene and to take personal responsibility for your own health/safety concerns and social distancing.
We are doing our best to provide a safe and fun environment for you to MOVE in a positive and challenging way. Please, let’s continue to extend mutual respect to one another, our Q50 Staff, and our Q50 Volunteers.
If the race becomes Virtual, participants will have from 6pm-10pm to complete the course at Fontainebleau State Park on the day of the race. We will be at the Park as observers and to give any course instructions. There will be no timing, no bibs, and no water. Your Race Swag, Finisher Medal, and Race Food/Drink will be available for easy pick up.
Please feel free to contact us with any questions, and as always, we thank you for your support. Happy Trails!
Cesar Torres, Director
78433 Hwy 25
Folsom, La 70437
ACTIVITIES BY TIME:
1.- Packet Pick up and Race Day
2.- Children’s Race 7:45pm a 200 yds Children’s race just for fun, no fee, no t-shirts, no
3.- Instructions for the runners: Course Instructions 8:00pm
4.- Race Stars at 8:15pm
– There is a fee of $3.00 per person to be admitted to the park.
This fee does not appl to
– NO DOGS, NO PACERS, NO BABY STROLLERS, NO BICYCLES,
and NO EARPHONES, etc. ALLOWED on the COURSE!
keep our races and the park green, cups will not be provided at the water station. This helps reduce our impact on the park. Water will be provided for filling your bottles, camelbacks, and other containers at the start/finish of the race. The only water station will be at the start/finish of the race. Drink lots of water before, during and after the race to stay hydrated.
– Come prepared for the HOT weather.
– Don’t forget your headlamp (batteries), camelback, hydration belt or bottle water!
– HAVE FUN! Plan to stay for the post-race activities and awards
ceremony. There will be
We do not guarantee a t-shirt if you
WE ARE GOING GREEN NO PAPER CUPS, All runners should bring water bottles and/or camelbacks
Park Address: Address:
62883 Hwy. 1089
Mandeville, LA 70448
Location: Fontainebleau State Park in Mandeville, LA – $3.00 entry fee per person to get into the Park (Driving Directions from New Olreans: Once you reach the north side of Lake Ponchartrain, get in the right lane and curve right 100 meters after exiting the Causeway Bridge. Continue east on Florida Blvd for 3.6 miles (6k). Fontainebleau State Park is on the right. There is one main entrance to the park. Once you
Surface: Trail Run
Aid Stations: Only one at the Start/Finish of the race. Water will be provided. Paper cups will not be provided. All runners should bring water bottles and/or camelbacks.
Course: The course will be in the amazing Fontainebleau State Park in Mandeville, Louisiana. This race will be ran at NIGHT! The course will be one loop with the
Rules: Please, it is responsibility of each runner to know and respect all rules for the event. At the same time, every runner must be medically fit to participate in this event. If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
1. You will run in areas where nature will offer all its beauty, please DO NOT leave any trace behind you. Every runner must carry out their trash (granola bar wraps, gel packs, paper, etc) and
Runners not respecting this rule will be disqualified.
2. It is completely forbidden to extract and/or collect any kind of flora or fauna, rocks, etc. anywhere on or around the course.
4. For safety reasons, companions, friends or family will only be able to assist runners at the start/finish line. No pacers are allowed.
5. For safety reasons, no vehicles will be permitted to accompany any runner at any time during the race.
6. Cut off times are not negotiable.
7. The numbers given to the runner prior to the race, must be at a visible place on the front of the runner at all times during the course.
8. For logistic and safety reasons, companions, family and friends will only be permitted in assigned areas noted by Q50.
10. Q50 will be coming and going all around the course during the event. They will be properly identified. In case of emergency, runners should inform one of these Q50 people.
11. Q50 reserve the right to take out of the race any runner that is considered not to be physically capable of finishing the race (medical opinion will be requested for this to happen).
12. A Q50 representative should be informed immediately by any runner dropping out..
13. The only Aid Station will be at the Start/Finish Line. Each runner must bring with him/her from the
Safety: THE RACE WILL TAKE PLACE AT NIGHT. THERE WILL BE NO LIGHTS EXCEPT YOUR HEADLIGHT. THE TRAIL WILL BE MARKED WITH NIGHT TAPE AND THERE WILL BE Q50 VOLUNTEERS ALONG THE COURSE.